Bias Tape Video Tutorial

I said it was going to be posted today….and I barely made it! After waiting until the kids were in bed so I could have silence, I had my husband record for me. When I sat down to add the audio to it, I got the giggles. And I mean….the laughing-crying-snorting-couldn’t-catch-a-breath laughter! Something about having a microphone in front of me–I don’t know. Turns me into a blubbering, giggling idiot. Every time I started to record, I’d start messing up my words and then laughing. I rerecorded the **** thing no less than 32 times before finally getting an acceptable run of it! So, as you’re watching you may hear me start to lose it a few times, but…..well, just be impressed that I kept it under control the 33rd time!

Anyhow, with permission from Creative Little Daisy I created a video demonstration of her brilliant DIY bias tape method. I use this method almost daily lately and I wanted to make sure that everyone else can use and love it like I do! So….drumroll……here it is!

(Bonus points if you can tell me how many times I almost start cracking up!)

Comments

1. says

I love you! I have looked everywhere for a cute halter to sew as I am moving from no sew boutique items back into sewing. I have not sewn for quite sometime and was so excited to find your tutorials! Thanks a million!

2. says

You are a lifesaver! I am a sewing newbie and wanted an easy way to learn to make bias tape so I could save money. I love this technique and I can’t wait to try it out!!

3. Kristi Nicole says

FINALLY getting around to this and just made my bias tape and i love it! can’t wait to piece it all together!!! thanks so much for this tutorial!!! piece of cake with your guidance!

4. Joanne Barrette says

Just wanted to say how very nice and easy you made it look to make bias tape. I have a sewing machine yet, unfortunately am not very good at sewing. Maybe with tutorial like yours I’ll finally be able to understand better. Thank you very much ;))

5. says

Thank you so much for this! Today will be my first time making bias tape and this was so helpful. The craziest part is that I think my material is the exact same one you used in your video. :)

6. says

Well, isn’t that clever? Thanks so much for sharing the tip (You sounded great — I wouldn’t even have known you were about to lose it it I hadn’t read your post!).

Big “wave” from Cape Cod,
    Jude
    at dolcecapecod dot blogspot dot com

7. valenir says

adorei suas dicas de costura estou começando agora a aprender como faser minhas proprias roupas, sempre sonhei com isso talveis, por ter tido uma adolecencia com bastante privações nem sempre podia me vesti como eu queria.
    muito obrigado. espero que vc me envie novas dicas.bjks…..aqui do Brasil

Trackbacks